URGENT: Emergency works on Pacific Highway tonight
- BRIDGING THE GAP PT I: Three strikes at bridging the gap
- BRIDGING THE GAP PT II: Townsend precinct centre
- BRIDGING THE GAP PT III: Highway to split precinct in two
- BRIDGING THE GAP PT IV: Highway planners take wrong option
- 7 HIGHWAY HOTSPOTS that continue to frustrate motorists
ROADS and Maritime Services has advised changed traffic conditions will be in place on the Pacific Highway at Harwood to carry out emergency work at the southern end of the bridge.
The work will be carried out from 6pm to 6am this evening (August 18) and will focus on repairing the road surface for the safety of road users.
There will be some noise associated with the work and every effort will be made to minimise its impact on the local community.
Harwood Bridge will be reduced to one lane for the duration of the work with reduced speed limits in place.
Road users are asked to follow the direction of traffic controllers, keep to the reduced speed limits, and follow traffic signs and lights when displayed.
Motorists may experience delays of up to 10 minutes and should allow extra travel time for their journeys.
Up to date information, including any changes to work dates will be displayed on electronic message signs along the roads and highway.
The RMS thanks the community for its patience as this important work is carried out.