The bushfire emergency continues in the Clarence Valley today.
The bushfire emergency continues in the Clarence Valley today. DEAN LEWINS

More than 100 homes razed by bushfires around the region

ONE hundred and twenty one families are facing the prospect of rebuilding their homes having lost properties to  bushfires in the Coffs Clarence and the Nambucca Valley.

Statewide 657 properties have been destroyed by fire, 247 damaged and in credit to the firefighting effort a further 4,000 homes have been saved.

Locally, 84 homes were  damaged or destroyed at Nymboida, 13 at Nana Glen, five at Glenreagh and 19 in the Nambucca Valley.

ILUKA RESIDENTS TOLD TO LEAVE EARLY


The updated figures released by the Office of Emergency Management follow the announcement of the $48.25-million Bushfire Recovery Fund, jointly funded by the State and Federal governments.

This follows the State Government's $25 million clean-up fund announced last week.

"The dollar amounts are the most we have ever had to invest in NSW  following a natural disaster,"  Premier Gladys Berejiklian said.

Mcdonalds Donate to red cross.. 25 NOV 2019
Dave Munro, who owns the Coffs Harbour and Grafton McDonalds donated funds this morning to the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal. Trevor Veale

The generosity of local businesses is also continuing. 

The Munro Group's McDonalds franchises in Coffs Harbour and Grafton have donated $17,800 from McHappy fundraising to the Red Cross' North Coast Bushfire Appeal.

Dave Dodsworth from the Red Cross said almost $50,000 has been raised for local victims.

BUILDING COMPANY OFFERS MATERIALS TO HELP BUSHFIRE VICTIMS REBUILD

"We have run the evacuations centres in Woolgoolga, Ebor, Urunga and Coffs Harbour, in Woolgoolga alone we had 160 people register and 88 stayed overnight a the bowling club during the worst  of the bushfires," he said.

"The Orara Valley community has been incredibly resilient."

"Any money raised by the fire appeal will go directly to the bushfire victims."

 Donate here.

TUNES ON THE TRACK

The Coffs Harbour Racing Club and Paradox Events have decided to make Tunes on the Track a bushfire appeal concert raising funds for the NSW Rural Fire Service.

"The whole community has been affected by the bushfires it is terrible what has happened," Club CEO Tim Saladine said.

"We want to create an event for the community to lift everyone's spirits and give back to the heroes the Rural Fire Service for everything they have done for us."
 

What the firefighters faced: A fire truck is surrounded by flames on the firefront.
What the firefighters faced: A fire truck is surrounded by flames on the firefront.

Entry is free for RFS fireys, volunteers and bushfire victims. $10 from every ticket sold goes to the RFS, along with $1 from every drink.

Sneaky Sound System will headline  with The Potbelleez in support on Saturday, December 14 at the race club from 4pm to 9pm.

Purchase tickets to the concert here

BUSHFIRE VICTIM INFORMATION  
 

  • Disaster relief grants - welfare services hotline  1800 018 444
  • Emergency Housing facs.nsw.gov.au Misson Australia  1800 269 672  1/39 Gordon St, Coffs
  • Animal welfare  Animal and Agricultural hotline 1800 814 647 
  • Australian government disaster assistance for individuals - Dept. of Human Services 180 22 66.
  • Small business grants up to $15,000. Applications through Rural Assistance Authority 1800 678 593 
  • Primary producer grants available in Coffs Harbour, Bellingen, Mid-Coast, Nambucca LGAs 
    Call 1800 678 593. Fencing assistance through BlazeAid 
  • Clean-up assistance if your property is insured call your insurer if it's uninsured Public Works Advisory will arrange clean-up call the hotline 1800 88 55 39 or the Insurance Council of Australia on 1800 734 621. 
  • Mental Health Line  1800 011 511, Lifeline  13 11 14, Mensline  1300 789 978, Beyondblue  1300 22 4636 
  • Disaster recovery payments  call 180 22 66 Replace personal  documents For assistance please visit your nearest NSW Service centre, or call 13 77 88  
  • For more information and  follow on Facebook NSW Disaster Recovery.  

THE NSW Government has announced a $48.25 million recovery package for the North Coast, Mid North Coast and Northern Tablelands with grants of up to $15,000 to be made available to farmers and small businesses ravaged by bushfire.

Assistance is being provided through the joint Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements and includes $18.25 million Community Recovery Fund for community projects and mental health.

Minister for Natural Disaster and Emergency Management David Littleproud said the $15,000 grants would help bushfire-affected communities get back to doing what they do best.

"Getting back to business is one of the best ways to bounce back," Mr Littleproud said.

"This will make sure businesses can open and people are back to work sooner.

"When money flows around a community it can help to speed up the whole recovery.

"An $18.25 million Community Recovery Fund has also been set up for targeted community project grants and mental health support.

"The mental toll on the community, volunteers and emergency service staff can linger long after the fires and they will need ongoing support.

"In addition the targeted grants will be available for projects that help with the recovery and improve disaster resilience."

To apply for a recovery grant, primary producers and small businesses should contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or click here.

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian speaks to the media after a briefing by Commissioner NSW RFS Shane Fitzsimmons in the NSW Rural Fire Service control room in Sydney, Sunday, November 24, 2019. The NSW premier announced a bushfire relief package as firefighters use easing conditions to strengthen blaze containment lines. (AAP Image/Joel Carrett) NO ARCHIVING
The State and Federal governments yesterday announced a $48.25 million bushfire recovery fund. JOEL CARRETT